Health, Safety and Environment
John Bean Technologies Corporation accepts its responsibility to protect the environment, as well as the health and safety of its employees, their families and the public. Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) performance are core values of the corporation and will be managed as an integral part of our business to benefit employees, customers, neighbors and shareholders. All of our employees are responsible for assuring that we achieve continuous and measurable improvement.
We will achieve our vision by:
- Conducting business in a manner that protects public and occupational health, the environment and employee safety.
- Striving to eliminate all accidents and environmental incidents.
- Making health, safety and environmental considerations a priority in manufacturing existing products and planning for new products, facilities and processes.
- Complying with all environmental, health and safety laws and regulations.
- Reducing emissions and waste and using energy and natural resources efficiently and intelligently.
- Working with our suppliers, customers, contractors and partners to promote responsible management of products and processes.
- Encouraging constructive communication with our suppliers, customers, neighbors and shareholders on managing health, safety and environmental issues.
This policy will be enabled through corporate standards/management systems and appropriate business or site policies and management plans that establish objectives and targets. Implementation will be achieved through management and organizational commitment, allocation of sufficient human and capital resources and rigorous measurement and corrective systems.
Core HSE Values And Beliefs:
- Our goal is continuous improvement
- Risk management (hazard controls, behaviors) and pollution prevention are the focus
- All occupational injuries/illnesses and environmental incidents can be prevented
- Line management is responsible and accountable for HSE
- Employees are involved in the HSE programs and activities at all levels of the organization
- Working safely and with regards for the environment are conditions of employment
- HSE management and efficient production are equal