DSI Adaptive Slicer
Achieve 2, 4, 6, or more portions per butterfly by combining the new DSI Adaptive Slicer with our waterjet portioning system.
The dual lane DSI Adaptive Slicer uses a horizontal band saw blade to control the thickness of portioned product. The input product is held in place at the blade by a proprietary new compliant hold system. A servo-controlled movable platen on each lane allows product thickness to be adjusted for each piece of input product.
An upstream scanning system and sophisticated software determines the most profitable use of each piece of raw product and sends an instruction to the servo controlled platens which quickly adjust position. The slicer adapts position to make best use of each piece of your incoming product – whether the input product is large, medium, or small.
- Improves yield by adjusting for each piece and slicing only when necessary
- Generates higher value trim by slicing after portioning
- Integrates seamlessly with DSI Portioning Systems
- Employs proven and reliable DSI control systems
- Achieves superior thickness consistency
- Sorts portions automatically