Rubber Cord Scrubber
The highest peeling volumes and efficiencies are achieved with friction from rubber cords that enable JBT Rubber Cord Scrubber to remove peels with the highest reliability and lowest downtime available to the industry.
An internal spiral mixes and moves tomatoes gently through the rotating drum. The specially designed and patented JBT rubber cords remove the soft, loose peels from the tomatoes. Produce exits the scrubbing phase over a sliver remover and enters the Pinch Bed.
The JBT Rubber Cord Scrubber's standard rotational speed may vary depending on the type and condition of the product. This rubber cord method is so efficient that it substantially reduces the finish work required on the Tomato Peel Pinch Bed. The system is adaptable to any of JBT’s peeling systems.
Features and Benefits
- Rotary drum with interal spiral and variable speed energy efficient motor for smooth, flexible flow capability
- Molded rubber cords on 1” centers standard for a high speed, high efficiency, low maintenance design
- Easily removable stainless steel doors with safety switches and stainless steel guards over belts and sheaves provide a high level of integrated safety features
- Sliver, peel removers and adaptable by-products collection allow for quick changeovers and product flow adjustments
- NEMA 4 control panel w/E-stop and soft-start stations for improved operator control
- JBT Rubber Cord Scrubber can be fitted with steel rods