Stein MX- MicroMax™ Series Centrifugal Hot Oil Filter
The Stein MicroMax™ centrifugal hot oil filtration system is the ultimate solution for applications where oil quality is a significant issue. Since cooking oil is a key ingredient in coated products, maintaining oil quality is a critical step in controlling overall product quality.
The MX filter was designed to handle the complete range of coated products applications. For flour and homestyle coatings the MicroMax filter is without equal. It provides both continuous filtration and removal of frying sediment down to single digit micron levels. This reduces the buildup of free fatty acids and greatly extends the usable oil life. The centrifugal filtration action also minimizes oil lost in the discharged sediment.
The MX Filter is available in two sizes:
- Stein MX-II provides filtration rates from 20 - 30 gpm for medium to high volume frying requirements.
- Stein MX-III provides filtration rates of 30 gpm for high volume and multiple fryer applications
- Oil enters from central entry ports into the scroll which is closely rotating inside a bowl rotating at differential speeds
- Oil exits from central ports in scroll.
- Separation between oil and sediment provided via difference in specific gravity of materials
- Heavier solids (sediment) is conveyed by flights on scroll to infeed end and discharged from filter
- Clean oil flows to opposite end and exits filter through a weir and is returned to fryer